Table of Contents
- How to add a "safe sender" in Microsoft Outlook
- How to "add to VIP" in Apple Mail (iPhone/iPad)
- How to whitelist an email address in Gmail
The information found in this article is subject to change dependent on the email service provider. This information has been taken from the provider's support documentation (Microsoft / Google/ Apple)
The appearance of these external websites is also subject to change.
The emails received in your mail inbox are determined by many factors specific to your organization. If after following the steps in this article you are continuing to have issues receiving Realworks emails please contact your organization's administrator for further assistance.
How to add a "safe sender" in Microsoft Outlook
Safe senders are designated email senders you always want to receive emails from.
Navigate to outlook.live.com (sign in if prompted)
Click the Settings icon at the top right of the page and click View all Outlook settings
- Click the "Mail" category, then "Junk email" to display the Safe senders and domains list
- Click add and type in the email you wish to whitelist (email@example.com) hit the enter key when finished
- Click save to confirm the addition
How to "add to VIP" in Apple Mail (iPhone/iPad)
In the Mail app, you can specify certain people as VIP. Emails from your VIP contacts have a star icon next to the names in the message header and also appear separately in your VIP mailbox
- Navigate to an email from the address you wish to whitelist in the iOS mail app
- Tap the sender’s name or email address when viewing the email
- Tap "Add to VIP"
How to whitelist an email address in Gmail
In Gmail there are several steps you can take to ensure that an email does not arrive in your Spam folder.
Add a contact
- Head to contacts.google.com (sign in if prompted)
- Select + to create a contact
- Include the sender email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Save to add the contact
A recognized contact will have a higher chance of associated emails being received in the primary inbox
Create a filter rule
- Click the dropdown in the search box in Gmail to expand and display the additional fields
- Enter the email address (email@example.com)
- Click Create Filter to proceed
- Select " Never send it to Spam"
- Click Create Filter
Further information and assistance can be found at the provider's support pages: